The player’s goal when sitting at the game table is to make a hand worth 21 or more than the dealer’s, provided it does not exceed a total of 21. Each card has a displayed value, except for “faces” (jackets, checkers, popi), which are all worth 10, and aces (A), which are worth either 11 or 1. You can also win with a lower hand than the dealer’s, provided he completes a hand with a total of more than 21 , in which case it will be “BUST”.
Initially, the player and the dealer receive two cards each, and the player can see, in addition to his cards, the first card received by the dealer. Depending on the cards held and the card shown by the dealer, the player has a choice of several options: ask for a card (HIT), stop (STAND), deal (SPLIT) – option available when he has a pair or doubles the stake ( DOUBLE). If the dealer shows an ace (A), the player also has the additional option to pay the insurance (INSURANCE), in which case he limits his losses if the dealer makes a malaysia trusted online casino blackjack (total of 21 of the first two cards).
Please note that the dealer will always ask for a card if his total has not exceeded and he is obliged to stop if the total is 17. However, the rules differ from one version to another, so pay attention to this aspect before betting money.
Terms Of The Game Of Blackjack
Before learning the different strategies of the game, it is good to know the basic terms of Blackjack.
• Insurance – An additional bet placed by the player, with a value of 50% of the initial bet, This option is available only when the dealer shows an ace. If you pay the insurance and the dealer makes a Blackjack, you get your money back (Insurance + initial bet)
• Blackjack – a hand with a total of 21 of the first two cards, so consisting of an A and a card with a value of 10 (10, J, Q, K)
• Bust – a hand with a total of more than 21, automatically losing
• Double Down – an option by which the player doubles the bet and can use it only once in one hand. After doubling, the player receives one more card and is forced to stop regardless of the total obtained
• Hard hand – hand that does not contain an ace (A)
• Hit (Request a card) – the player requests another card;
• Push – when the player and the dealer are tied and the money wagered is returned;
• Soft hand – a hand that contains an ace (A), a card that can be worth either 11 or 1
• Split – when the player has a pair in his hand and can split the two cards, repeating the bet. In this situation, two hands are played simultaneously, and the dealer deals cards to both
• Surrender – option available only in some variants of the game, when you have the opportunity to “surrender” and thus save 50% of the stake
Black Jack Rules – When You Hit Or Stand At Blackjack
The options you will use most often in Blackjack are HIT (ask for another card) and Stand (stop). The decision will be based on both your hand and the card shown by the dealer. Obviously, in all situations where you have a total of 11 or less, you will ask for another book, being impossible to exceed 21 from a single book. It is also generally recommended to ask for another card when its total is less than 16, otherwise your chances of beating winbet the dealer are quite small. However, when in doubt, follow these basic rules:
• If the dealer shows a card with a value of 10 or an A you will have to take risks and you will ask for cards until you exceed 17 hard. But you must know that no matter how well you play, without a little luck you will lose this hand more times than you will win it.
• If the dealer shows a 7.8 or 9, then you will ask for cards until you reach at least a total of 17.
• If the dealer shows a card between 3 and 6, then you can stop with a smaller total, the chances of the dealer exceeding 21 in that hand (bust) being small.
• If the dealer shows a 2, ask for cards until you reach a total of at least 14.